Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Surgery

I did this mostly to enjoy my friend Aleta's blog, because I can never leave comments and her blogs are always funny and thoughtful and I always want to say how great they are but the dumb thing won't let me because I'm not a member or whatever. So I signed up and decided that while I'm on the mend with not much to do anyway, why not?

SURGERY:

So Friday morning last week, I had some work done.A-Haha. Since I was little, as many of you know, if any of you are reading this, if you are whom I think you are....-I've lived with hardly any hearing in my left ear; my eardrum collapsed a looong time ago due to tubes and corrective surgeries. At my last check up, in January, my ear doctor told me that basically it was a matter of "when, not If" for a hearing aid. I became really upset because I've never thought of needing one, never thought of being slightly handicapped...but then alot of feelings started rushing over me-I started thinking about every time I have to ask "what" for the 3rd time, I have to turn if someone is whispering on my left, so I get it in my "good" ear, talking too loud because I can't hear myself.

I'll be honest, I kind of broke down...but there were options for me-so I opted to get corrective surgery to improve it and last friday-i went under the knife...

So now I'm in recovery and things have been, well, you could guess. My ear feels all stuffed up and the worst is the cottonballs. Bleah...I'll spare the details about them. Other than that, things are going ok.

Boring blog.

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAHHHHHH!! I'm so glad you got a blog!!!! Your post was not boring...It was informative. I didn't realize that the doctor had told you that you would soon need a hearing aid or any of that. I'm very glad that you are on the mend and that I got to spend time with you today. I hope that the results from the surgery are great and that you're feeling and hearing better soon, pal.

    ReplyDelete