Thursday, April 16, 2009

I was Standing, you were there, and they could never tear us apart?

What song is that?? I'm listening to it right now on the new 106.9, I swear radio stations change their genre so much these days....don't even get me started on The Buzz (100.5) I've lost all my Indie Rock cred since they've gone on to become the new 103.7, playing Nickelback and Metalica (nothing wrong with them...) I'm just making a point-I miss The -old- Buzz, playing all sorts of crazy things that i didn't understand but lurveed. Guess I'll just start tuning into Fuze and watch music videos.

So...where to start.

Had lunch with Aleta today, good times and holy cow, that was the busiest I've ever seen the '98 Grill, now I can stop pondering how they are still in business. Around here, sometimes it doesn't matter how good the food/service is, places still get shut down. (RIP Coffee Shop, Petrello's, Black Diamond...even though you are open again...BUT FOR HOW LONG???)

We talked about a lot of things and she told me a story about her dad (also in her blog) and it made me think about the conversation that i had with my dad last night; Just a few notes:

1-This is the first time I can ever think of my dad calling me "just to chat."
2-It was nice.
3-It was....interesting.

So I'm talking to my dad and he starts explaining his new dentures. He talks about the uppers and the lowers, and how it kind of makes his mouth hurt, but he's getting used to it. And then he starts in about the saliva. Increased saliva from the new dentures. After i steer the conversation in a non-spit direction for a few minutes, he starts talking about them AGAIN. I'm thinking, the teeth must be driving him crazy, because that's really all he can talk about. All the while I'm thinking...Is this what I'm going to be like when I'm 63? Calling the kids, talking about my dentures? AND when did my dad start talking about these things? When did my dad start talking to ME about these things?? Am I entering some new stage of adult hood? Hmmm.

On a totally different note-I watched Snakes on a Plane last night. Highs and lows, really.. highs and lows. Yes, the snakes are poorly CGI'd. Yes, Keenan (Kel? Keenan? I can't remember since The Good Burger days) needs more physical comedy, less lines. But ya know, I have to say ( and I can't decide highest of highs or lowest of lows) the most integral part of the movie was the censoring; at the point where Sam L Jack gets fed up of all those stupid snakes on the stupid plane, he furiously yells out: I've had it with these MONEY FRYING SNAKES ON THIS MONEY FRYING PLANE!

Now....I have no idea what money frying could entail, except the greasy cooking of coins and cash alike, so I'm trying to understand why its the expletive's replacement...maybe because it would mean damaging currency, which is never good, especially in these hard economic times.

I'm out, you money fryers.

3 comments:

  1. UPDATE: I just saw on Yahoo! news that two flights were canceled because of missing snakes on the planes. WHAT NOW MONEY FRYERS??!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money Fryers?? I love it. You crack me up. I loved getting a chance to have lunch with you. It was a very nice change. 1998 WAS super busy...which is odd.
    I pray that I wind up as ornery as my daddy. I think that it's hilarious. But we might just get thrown in the home...if I'm mean and you talk to your kids about your dentures...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True true, I'm sure it'll happen. I'll start out mean and then just talk about my teeth

    ReplyDelete