Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ohh the sexy times

Recently I've been having these nights/mornings where I'll wake up in the wee hours of the morning (4-5am) wide awake and unable to go back to sleep. I don't understand why my body is doing this to me, maybe to give me a chance to judge the caliber of darkness in my room? Which I do, I like it almost as much as the contemplation game of reasons why to stay in bed and reasons why to get up; Bed=I need sleep, Up=I could clean the bathroom. Bed=Still dark outside, Up=I could bake a pie!
If you didn't realize-This is one of these times. And Up got the "upper hand" Ah ha hahahahaa. Lame, I know.

I've been awake since 4:30 am, it is now almost 6. Only an hour away from 7 which is my regular time to get up. Sooo guess it's no going back to sleep for me.I'll devote some time to you, my lovely blog.

The birds are crazy at this hour. I have no idea what I'm hearing but it's not the normal twitter tweet, more like warbling? Squawking? It reminds me of Yellowstone-I'm in a paper thin tent and it's dark 30 outside and all the freakin birds start going crazy. Every morning. Nature's alarm clock. That's when I'd pull my beanie over my face, sinch my hoodie tight around my head and roll over as best i could in my 4 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of socks and 5 blankets...In my sleeping bag. I am a cold natured person, mornings on a mountain means wrapping myself up tighter than cellophane on a piece of processed cheese.

Oh 6 o'clock now!

Recently a few friends and I have been reminiscing about past endeavors. I've come to realize that I don't miss the boys**, High School junk/events, or the "hardly any responsibility" lifestyle- I miss the availability that me and my friends had. Looking back it seemed like we could always all pull together for any occasion. Now it's work and college and babies and husbands making our busy schedules---All things that are fine and part of our lives now, don't get me wrong, it's a part of growing up. And I'm so lucky to have kept so many close friends from high school-a few of them from middle & even elementary (Props LETO! Lol) So yeah, I just miss that commradery of being able to form a party in seconds on a friday night or all going to the same birthday party. I wish we had more of that....friends and family are the most enjoyable, entertaining and free things in life. Haha.

Another thing of the contemplation-What things do people find sexy and why? I mean-yeah everyone can agree that say Ryan Gosling is smoking hot (the guy from the notebook) and Rachel McAdams is soo pretty (the girl from the notebook...I don't know why I happen to pick those two, but they are universally pretty people that I could think of within 30 seconds..so yeah..Oh and the notebook was really sweet) So my question is-what are those off the wall things that make people attracted to one another? Liiike-Why is my sister attracted to Much Older men. Why do I like Seth Rogen***? Why did God make boobs so freaking irresistable to men? Why is it that the V shapey tummy with a pair of low rise jeans showing the guys boxers like amazing super d duper hot? That mom from Weeds****?

These are questions that just roll around in the noggin. Different chemical make up and pheremones? Personality traits and DNA? Things to ponder, indeed.

It's almost 6:30 and I'm starting to feel sleepy. Maybe I'll catch the next 30 mins and dream about sexy times.

**-Boy chasing

***-Because I'm weird

****-she was also on Fried Green Tomatoes like 20 years ago, she's aging really well I would say.

1 comment:

  1. Ok....so I loved this blog, you nut. I don't know why birds go wack-a-doo at "dark 30". At our house we have a problem w/ the dang roosters. They'll start cock-a-doodle-doin' at like 3 a.m. A-holes. I could beat each and every one of them with a spatula, I swear....
    But I digress...You raise a very good question about the sexy thing. I don't know what it is. Some girls go for much younger guys. Some go for much older guys. For me, there's just something about older guys with dark hair and light eyes. But that's just me.
    I too miss the availability. We could throw something together at a minutes notice, and we always had a blast. Maybe with the summer coming, us and some of our "posse" can hang out more. I hope so :)
    Oh, and the girl that was on Fried green tomatoes is looking very good for her age...wth? I need whatever serum/treatment she's using. I'm already getting the forehead creases from giving everyone death glares. (really, I should probably stop that).
    Oh, and the notebook .......**sigh**

    ReplyDelete