Thursday, September 17, 2009

Let me tell you about the other fish...

So Leto and I were talking today and our conversation landed on that famous phrase one gives to another when experiencing a love lost or some similar variation. "Well, there are plenty of other fish in the sea."

This is my blog to the world about those other fishes.

In life's aquarium, there are many, many different kinds of fish. Scoop a pile of them up in your little net and let me tell you what you are bound to have caught:

The Taken Fish --Whether he has a girlfriend, fiance, wife, etc. This fish is not going in your cooler. In fact, he is a sly, cunning creature because somehow he ended up in your net when he was actually caught by someone else weeks, months, even years ago! Even if you tried somehow to take him home, you would inevitably be caught by a Game Warden and on top of giving up the fish, be forced to pay a fine.

The Father Fish --Careful, there may be a school of little guppies just waiting underneath your boat. You admire your catch and then look down and see that you're surrounded. Oh you may want your own cutsie little ones but that seems like years down the road and you don't even have an aquarium at home!

The Fish with NO JOB/CAR --This one is self-explanatory.

The Jerk Fish (also called Dick or Ass) --Oh he's cool. He's the hottest, baddest fish in the frickin' sea. He's also the one you see on those posters that show Ocean Hierarchy-he's the one with that little light thing on his head, tricking the other tinier fishes into hanging out long enough to DEVOUR them. He may look pretty good on a motorcycle, but chances are he's not going to be a fish that will treat you well. Not even if you get him the cool treasure chest to go in his tank.

The Addicted Fish --These guys are the ones that you wish you could help because they have PROBLEMS. There are many types of addicted fish. The Cocaine fish, the Alcoholic fish, the MJ fish, the list goes on. IF caught, the addicted fish will be a faithful and loving fish, but they aren't going to give anything up just because you want them to.

The Player Fish --This fish will hang around your boat for a while and then swim off to check out the yacht a mile away. These fish never stay on the hook long enough for you to reel them in.

I could go on about others that I haven't covered, but I hope that you catch my drift (ah ha. Pun)

1 comment:

  1. As I said on FB, I LOVE this blog. So true, honey, so true! The addicted fish cracked me up, I must say. Talking to you yesterday, I about died laughing when you said "The fish I like are either taken or addicted to crack." Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete